Job no: 494532
Work type: Full time
Categories: Warehousing, inventory management and distribution
- Based in Canberra
- Full time permanent position
We are PFD Food Services, Australia's largest privately owned food service company (www.pfdfoods.com.au). Established in 1943, PFD now has almost 70 branches in metropolitan and regional areas around Australia. We have a broad range of customers such as local restaurants, cafes, hospitals, schools, pubs and clubs!
The purpose of this role is to maintain all stock in the warehouse and pick orders using safe manual handling procedures in an effective and timely manner.
- Working in a varied temperature controlled environment
- Undertake all duties in a safe, responsible and courteous manner
- Plan, pick and cross check orders
- Employ correct stock rotation principles at all times based on 'first in first out' rule
- Ensure warehouse is neat, clean and in a 'ready to pick' state at all times
- Ensure any stock returned by drivers is put back into appropriate bin locations or put in appropriate damaged or low code locations
- Understand and adhere to HACCP regulations
- Assist in all site stock takes
- Load/unload containers and delivery vehicles as required
Key Competencies, Skills and Qualifications
- Previous forklift experience and have a valid forklift license
- Must have freezer and cold storage experience
- Experience picking orders preferably in the food service industry
- Understand company OH&S and food safety program (HACCP) and in particular the "cold chain" process
- Customer focused
- Good communication skills
- A sound understanding of stock control
- Possess a high level of accuracy with attention to detail
- Good time and organisational skills
- Able to work in an active and fast paced environment
- Flexible and adaptable
- Have a basic understanding of the end to end distribution process
What PFD is Offering the Successful Candidate
We are offering competitive remuneration, superannuation and other staff benefits (such as discounts on staff purchases, discounted accommodation, health insurance and banking). Should you be eligible, the company may also offer nationally recognised Certificate III training.
Please submit your application (cover letter and resume) via the apply now link below
As part of our recruitment process, do you agree to undertake employment checks? These checks may include a medical assessment (including a drug and alcohol test), National Police History Check, Working With Children/Vulnerable Groups Check, Licence Validation/Demerit Point Check.
Please note: We do not accept unsolicited CV's from Recruitment agencies / third parties and we will not be liable or responsible for any fees or costs associated with unsolicited CV's sent directly to Line Managers.
PFD Food Services is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer
Advertised: AUS Eastern Daylight Time
Applications close: AUS Eastern Daylight Time
Back to search results Apply now Refer a friend